This ad is expired.
College of Human Sciences
Principal administrative officer of a college/library in the Texas Tech University System. The chief responsibility is the development, supervision, and operation of the academic programs of the college or school in accordance with established guidelines, governmental regulations, and the mission of Texas Tech. The dean and staff serve as consultants on all academic matters, such as course changes, choice of major, and degree requirements.
The Dean is the chief academic and executive officer of the College and is responsible for providing leadership in academic, intellectual, fiscal, administrative, outreach, and fundraising activities. S/he is also responsible for supervising staff and the administrative team and managing fiscal resources including physical facilities of the College. The Dean oversees the quality of the College's academic programs and faculty and supports the faculty in creating a rewarding environment for education, research and scholarship, and service to the University, the region, and the State. The Dean will be expected to lead the faculty and staff in further integrating the teaching, research, and service missions of the CoHS to strengthen existing and create new interdisciplinary relationships across campus, enhance research productivity, promote entrepreneurship, and foster meaningful collaborations with key internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, s/he will continue to nurture the strong cohesive nature of the College related to personalized instruction, attention to students, and dedicated faculty and staff.
The Dean will join the CoHS and Texas Tech at a time of unprecedented growth and momentum and must be a forward-thinking, strategic leader who embraces all disciplines within the CoHS. Moreover, in serving as the College's most passionate champion, the Dean will establish new partnerships and lead fundraising efforts on behalf of the College and promote the visibility and reputation of the College both inside and outside the university through interactions with a broad array of constituencies locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Appropriate terminal degree for the position; in addition, progressively responsible managerial experience.
TTU seeks a Dean with exemplary academic achievements, together with strategic leadership ability; outstanding interpersonal and communication skills; high energy and the ability to serve as a visionary and strategic thinker; and a passion for the mission of the College and University. S/he will be able to work effectively with a broad range of constituents, including senior leadership, faculty, students, staff, alumni, donors, and external partners. In addition, ideal candidates for the position will demonstrate:
- An earned doctorate in one of the disciplines in the CoHS and a proven record of distinguished scholarship, funded research, and external stakeholder engagement commensurate with an appointment with tenure at the rank of professor.
- A commitment to shared governance and an open, collegial management style.
- Leadership and entrepreneurial spirit along with a demonstrated ability to stimulate the research enterprise.
- A history of promoting research interests and collaborations transparently across an organization with external partners.
- The ability to effectively advocate for, expand, and manage the resources of the College.
- Excellent people and communication skills coupled with substantial administrative experience in fiscal and personnel management.
- Effective leadership responsibility along with the ability to articulate a compelling vision and plan for the advancement of education, research, and outreach in the CoHS context.
- An understanding and ability to fundraise along with a willingness to engage in development activities.
- A record and commitment to promoting diversity in the broadest sense within departments, faculty, staff, and students.
- The ability to build effective partnerships with state, federal, and private entities and industry as well as advocate for technology commercialization and outreach.
- The ability to provide management for accreditation efforts as well as develop undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicants race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency