This ad is expired.
Assistant Preschool Teacher
About the Opportunity
Reports To: Head of School, MCNU Children's School
- Support the planning and implementation of a play-based, constructivist curriculum based on the best-available knowledge of children's learning and linked to the Early Childhood foundations and California State standards.
- Support, supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of children in the program.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote children's physical, cognitive, motor, social and emotional development.
- Maintain active and open communications with parents/guardians of the children and with the other members of the Children's School staff.
- Professionalism -Work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, parents, and children within a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Two or more years recent successful ECE classroom teaching experience
- 12 Units of qualifying Early Childhood Education coursework
- TB Clearance and good health screening report
- Pediatric CPR/first aid training
$25.96 per hour
This position description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned based on business operational needs.
Mills College at Northeastern University does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills' non-discrimination policy, pleased go to http://www.mills.edu/administration/administrative_offices/policies/nondiscrimination.php.
The salary is $25.96/hr.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Oakland-CA/Assistant-Preschool-Teacher_R115073-1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency